Author Topic: From 411OccupyRaleigh@gmail.com  (Read 30291 times)

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
Re: From 411OccupyRaleigh@gmail.com
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 01:28:40 pm »
From Name/Email: Robert (Bob) Aikens / raikens@embarqmail.com (someone forwarded this to Robert and he forwarded it to us and others)
Posted in Demands and Principles: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1485.0.html

Warren Buffett, in a interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just

Pass a  law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more         

Than 3% of  GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible

For re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)

Took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified!  Why? Simple!

The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail,

Cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year

Or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to

a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask

Each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will

Have the message.  This is one idea that really should be passed

Around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011        _

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no

Pay when they're out of office.

2.  Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social

Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the

Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into

The Social Security system, and Congress participates with the

American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan,  just as all

Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.

Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and

Participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the

American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void

Effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this

Contract with Congressmen/women.

Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in

Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers

Envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their

Term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will

Only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive

The message.  Don't you think it's time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
        If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete.

You are one of my 20+ - Please keep it going, and thanks.
Not always have we mistaken mimicry for mastery, or pretending for knowing, or enslavement for freedom - Sunni Patterson

There are no such things as persistently failing policies. - Robert Higgs

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 01:34:45 pm »
From Name/Email: Heather Epes / ndrasnet0@gmail.com
Posted in 99+1 Weekend 21st/22nd Weekend thread: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1367.msg8922.html#msg8922

Hello All!

Carpools are being arranged for the Occupy the Courts! event Friday event in Raleigh (http://movetoamend.org/occupythecourts, Occupy Chapel Hill/Carrboro calendar, Occupy Raleigh calendar). Rides will leave at 9am from University Mall. If we charter a bus, I will distribute the meeting place information for that.

I MUST hear back from those who are interested in taking the bus. At the moment, I am inclined to charter only the van, which will carry a minimum of 6 people. We are running out of time to secure this transportation, and since it will cost us, I don't want to charter anything bigger than we actually need.

We also need carpool drivers! At the moment we are short. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are willing to drive a few people to Raleigh.

For those of you who are going to drive,

Meeting Places:
1. Chapel Hill: 9am at the Dillard end of University Mall
2. Durham: TBA shortly

Raleigh Public Parking near the District Court:
1. Legislative Bldg Public Parking, 359 N Salisbury St, .4mi N of Supreme Court (2 E Morgan)
2. Public Pay to Park, N Salisbury St, garage next to 359 N Salisbury
3. McLaurin Parking Co, 233 S Wilmington St (919.828.7818 mclaurinparking.com)
4. McLaurin Parking, 1 Hannover Sq #1000
5. Park Link, 421 Fayetteville St, City Market (919.996.3996 raleighnc.gov)

Raleigh Meeting Places/Drop Off Points:
1. Moore Square at the intersection of E Hargett and S Person St

(thank you to Sally Goerner for the Raleigh information.)

Check out the Occupy Chapel Hill calendar for information on a sign, banner, and corporate costume making session at an Occupy Durham volunteer's!

I will continue to post information throughout the week. Feel free to ask questions as necessary.

Thanks for your participation!

heather

--
Heather E. Epes, PhD
Professional Tutoring: Writing, English, EFL, Literature, ADD/ADHD Coach, Dissertation Coach
Herbcrafter for Herbal Alchemy

The thing to do when you’re confused, is to turn to your left and ask advice from your death.
~ Yaqui shaman Don Juan to Carlos Castaneda
Not always have we mistaken mimicry for mastery, or pretending for knowing, or enslavement for freedom - Sunni Patterson

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 03:49:16 pm »
From Name/Email: William Allen / wdallen2@ncsu.edu
Posted in Media: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1495.0.html

Subject: Student Media Request
To whom it may concern:
      I am a junior at State, and I am working with the public affairs department of 88.1 FM WKNC "The Revolution" on a news interview segment.  Each week features an in-depth, one-on-one interview with a student, faculty member, or public figure.
    Given the widespread national discussion of the Occupy protests, I should like to invite a member of your movement onto the program late next week to discuss "The Meaning of Occupy Wall Street."  The goal of the show is to clarify each guest's views through critical and highly civil questioning, which I shall conduct at a deliberate pace from my own perspective.  I believe that the community of WKNC radio listeners would benefit greatly from a thorough and thoughtful discussion.
    Specifically, I should like to extend this invitation to a leading member of Occupy Raleigh (as far as leaders can be identified in your decentralized movement) who can deliver an articulate and sincere exposition of the topic.  Of course I shall not ask the guest to represent the entire protest, but only his or her individual views.  The interview date would be sometime next weekend, probably either Friday or Sunday afternoon; however, our studio scheduling is fairly flexible.  If someone is interested and available, please ask him or her to contact me directly at the address above so that I can send more details (time, location, &c.)  Thank you for your time and consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Will Allen

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »
From Name/Email: Tony Ndege / occupywinston@gmail.com
Posted in Statewide Rally thread: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,20.msg9016.html#msg9016

Subject: FEB EVENTS
After speaking with other constituents of Winston and Greensboro is there ANY WAY to combine HKOJ and the state GA into one day-long event? You know have a rally and GA that follows theirs? Perhaps reserve Feb 18 as a weather day? Also, are you planning on holding the GA indoors or outdoors? This is a very serious question so we are hoping for a reply ASAP. Thanks! Tony

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 11:50:27 am »
From Name/Email: sean kosofsky / sean@blueprintnc.org
Posted in TRAC thread: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1182.msg9049.html#msg9049

Subject: sean@blueprintnc.org
I want to know if there is a way we can help.

Can someone contact me.

Sean

I looked up their site at: http://blueprintnc.org/

Below is their "About Us" blurb:

Blueprint North Carolina is a partnership of more than 50 different local organization. Our goal is to influence NC state policy so that people here benefit from more progressive policies such as better access to health care, higher wages, more affordable housing, a safer, cleaner environment, and freedom from discrimination.

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 04:45:51 pm »
From Name/Email: Alan Socha / asocha@live.com
Posted in Anti-Foreclosure: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1504.0.html

Dear Occupy Raleigh:

I am a very concerned citizen. Like so many others in North Carolina, I am currently undergoing foreclosure. I have since come to terms with this, but in my research to protect myself I have found several state laws which can be amended to better protect citizens. These laws pertain mostly to deficiency judgments, which are lawsuits banks bring against those who have been foreclosed on in order to make up the difference between the mortgage and the sale price of the house in the foreclosure auction. Below I outline several of North Carolina’s laws and how they should be changed in order to ensure the financial and economic stability of those citizens without jobs.

·         North Carolina allows a deficiency judgment to stay active for 10 years. In other states the time for this is a lot less.

·         North Carolina should lower the interest rate on deficiency judgments. It makes no sense to allow this to be higher than that of the original mortgage. If I am not mistaken, North Carolina currently has interest rates around 8% whereas many other states have much lower rates.

·         North Carolina has no laws (would be found in General Statutes Chapter 45, Article 2B) governing deficiency judgments where the bank acquires the house in the foreclosure sale. Deficiency judgments in cases where the bank acquires the house in the foreclosure sale are not allowed by many other states. What is to stop the bank from selling the house for a profit in the future, meanwhile still collecting from the person who lost the house?

·         Business processes and qualifications for mortgage assistance programs, short sales, and deeds in lieu should be transparent. That is, publicly available and easy to access (I am not sure if this should be legislation or pushed through both the NC Commissioner of Banks and the Credit Union Division of the NC Department of Commerce).

o   Information on a bank’s approved appraisers, the approval process, and how the bank picks them should be transparent.

·         Percentage of wages that can be garnished should be reduced or eliminated entirely. In some states wages garnishments are not even allowed.

o   House Bill 30 is currently pushing for wage garnishments and should be lobbied against.

·         North Carolina law currently only disallows deficiency judgments for nontraditional mortgages on primary residences and in cases where the mortgage represents part of purchase price (this latter one is very rare). This should be extended to traditional mortgages. Those who try to be financially responsible by getting a fixed rate mortgage so their rates will not go up in the future are essentially being punished with the laws as they stand currently. These laws are found in General Statutes Chapter 45, Article 2B.

·         The laws disallowing deficiency judgments in these cases pertain to those filed after foreclosure. Some banks have started filing the deficiency judgments prior to foreclosure in order to get around this. The laws should be extended to cover the period prior to foreclosure.

·         Lower the statute of limitations for deficiency judgments. This is currently set to one year (NC General Statute 1-54(6)), but other states have shorter statute of limitations (such as six months).

·         Overall, accountability requirements for banks should be stricter.

o   This should especially be the case for nonprofits. Some nonprofits are using their nonprofit status to hurt their members and the community, even though those both are groups they are supposed to serve.

I have contacted the governor’s office and my state representative and senator in an attempt to begin lobbying some of these changes, and am now in the process of getter more people can get on board. These suggested amendments are simple and will greatly help those throughout North Carolina without jobs and who are undergoing foreclosure.

Thank you for your time and I have a great amount of respect for everything that you all do.

Sincerely,

Alan Socha

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »
From Name/Email: Occupy Charlotte / occupyclt@gmail.com
Not posted elsewhere as this is mostly relevant to coordination.

The Proposal for UNITY between the G.A's via Facebook

1 The proposal is that each occupation pick 5 individuals via there G.A's approval to participate on a facebook group page called Occupy Solutions NC.
2 The 5's main objective is to relay Factual / Credible / Up to Date information to the other G.A's who are on the page.( Not to make Decisions ) for the other G.A's
3 If there is a Proposal or Action that is G.A approved that a G.A would like to bring to the rest they would be able to Fast/ Credible and Direct.
4 This is a Closed Group. The only people who would be added would be the 5 from a G.A approved Occupy.
5 All the one's chosen will be Admins.
6 We are a leader full movement the Purpose of this is to bring UNITY and Better our Communication.
7 If there is changes that the group would like to make to the actual page as far as Events or what not they would inform the other Occupy's on the page.
8 The 5 who should be on there( And this is just a suggestion) Should 1) Be a constant participant at there respective G.A's 2) Have access to the Internet and 3) be trusted by there respective G.A's to receive and relay the correct information.
9 This Proposal has been already approved by the Occupy Charlotte G.A we are in the Process of picking our 5 we hope you will work with us as we work together to make a change.
If you approve please send the names of the 5 to https://www.occupyclt@gmail.com and they will be added.

In Solidarity Occupy Charlotte

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »
From Name/Email: Janelle / janellet@occupydc.org
Posted in Art and Culture: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1510.0.html

Subject: arts committee?
Hey all. I'm involved in organizing regular national occupy arts conference calls. I'm trying to find out if you have any arts committees or active artists working with you. If so, I'd love to get their contact info to let them know about the calls!

Thanks for your help!

janelle
InterOccupy Arts Call Planning Committee
janellet@occupydc.com
facebook.com/InterOccupyArt[/qu

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 01:31:40 pm »
From Name/Email: Shab / action@occupyatlanta.org
Not posted elsewhere as this involves mainly coordination

Subject: Contact for coordination on action with Occupy Atlanta
Hey! My name is Shab and I am on Occupy Atlanta's action committee. I am looking for a contact for someone that I can talk to about coordinating on some upcoming actions that we are planning. Can you let me know who I should contact or pass along my info? Thanks!

Shab
action@occupyatlanta.org
(770) 356-0577

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 01:40:32 pm »
From Name/Email: Fredrick L. Linnabary / occupydefiance@gmail.com
Posted in Teach-ins: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1511.0.html

Subject: Occupy Wall Street Call for Papers
This is a call for a proposed collection entitled “From Wall Street to Main Street: the Regional Politics of Occupying”.

Broad messages, complicated political positions, and blurred generational and class lines characterize and problematize the Occupy Wall Street movement. As if its connection to the Canadian magazine Adbusters were not enough, this “U.S.” movement’s clearest and most original position may be its denial of position. Beyond “We are the 99%”—a general position against greed and inequality—the “movement” remains difficult to categorize in terms of the red/blue politics of the United States. The picture becomes even more complicated at the regional level where clear, defining symbols of nationalist power and capital are absent.

Our call for papers asks for work which explores the relationship between Occupy Wall Street (OWS) and Occupy Main Street (OMS). How do OWS politics change when moved to Main Street (in terms of organization, agenda, focus, audience, tactics)? How does the complicated positioning of OWS and OMS allow for change?

We seek work which attempts to theorize OWS politics in terms of the local and regional and explores some of the practical issues involved in this movement from the “center” to the “margins” of Ohio, Brussels, Hong Kong, Egypt, and so on. We seek narratives which depict the process by which Occupy Wall Street is translated by grassroots organizers and others outside of Washington.

Deadline: April 1, 2012

Your 300 word abstract and a brief bio (and any queries) should be emailed to Todd A. Comer (Defiance College) and Nathan Crook (Ohio State University) at occupydefiance@gmail.com.

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 02:54:08 pm »
From Name/Email: Shawn Thompson / rethomp2@ncsu.edu
Posted in 99+1 thread: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1344.msg9324.html#msg9324

Subject: NCSU Technician
I am a staff writer for NCSU's Technician, and wanted to know if I could receive some information about this weekends events to include in an article that will be published next week. Here are the questions I have, and feel free to add any other information you would like included in the article. Thank you for your time.

This weekend marking the 100th day march, what are some improvements you have seen in the Occupy Raleigh efforts? Such as more organization in planning of event, or more supporters and unity?

What improvements would you like to see from your efforts as the Occupy Raleigh marches continue?

What were the main agendas for the protests during this weekend?

What other efforts from this weekend 100th day march would you like to be recognized and why?

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »
From Name/Email: Themidas / midas614@gmail.com
Posted in Everything else: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1569.0.html

Subject: great sopa video
Hello,

I have a video here about SOPA that may interest you. Please check it out and feel free to contact me or post as you wish.

SOPA Motto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLQtg8u4TTw

Thanks,

Themidas

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 03:05:42 pm »
From Name/Email: Славянин Тюркович / slavanoturk@mail.ru
Posted in Everything else: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1570.0.html

Useful info for protesters: main means for big changes.

CLEVER ELECTIONS. NEW BENEFITS. Life is based on force disguised by slyness in a form of general elections: they give power to force over weakness, wisdom. This exhausted basis of science, gave stagnation, price rise, crisis. Way out is clever elections, when heads of states are suggested by organ of wisdom, discussed and elected by advocates of wisdom in “Clever World” union (cleverworld-generalbusiness.blogspot.com).   It’ll give good income to members, control of banks and firms. Hence, in Russia, where because of its size etc. fuller World’s features, in Kazan where because of its place fuller Russia’s features appeared author of tech and social general ideas on Optimal Development. It’ll give reduction of car accidents, jams, fuel expense, price rise end, optimal incomes. Alternative is global catastrophe. Got Univ. ed., Sci. degree & title. Ph +7 843 2365517.

Basis for success of protesters (Occupy, The 99%, etc.).

The protest movements must serve development, improvement of life. This is possible only within globalization as the XXI century’s feature. For this purpose the tech and social general ideas on Optimal Development based on a compromise between force and wisdom are obtained. It needs a “Clever World” organization (cleverworld-generalbusiness.blogspot.com). The protesters success is possible only within the “Clever World”.

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 03:10:38 pm »
From Name/Email: Beau Borrero / beaujohnb@gmail.com
Posted in Occupy the World: http://forum.occupyraleigh.net/index.php/topic,1571.0.html

Subject: Rise up
Hey check out the new song I wrote for the movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC1rLNBIid8

Beau Borrero

Antonio

• Why Wells Fargo
  • Hero of the Revolution
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 03:14:34 pm »
From Name/Email: Occupy Charlotte / occupyclt@gmail.com

Subject: CITY COUNCIL VOTES TONIGHT!
Meet us at the Government Center (400 E. 4th St.) at 5:30pm or as soon as you can get there!

The date "TONIGHT" refers to was Monday the 23rd. Sorry, I didn't see this until today.